Covid 19 Crisis – Updates from Basics First:
Dear Basics First Chiropractic Family,
Undoubtedly, you’re receiving emails daily, as concerns grow about the spread of Coroavirus (COVID-19) in our area and beyond. Rest assured that Basics First Chiropractic continues to care deeply about your health and wellness. We are writing to let you know the steps we have implemented in our office at the beginning of March. We have been and will continue to closely monitor this situation, being responsive to any guidance provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), VCA (Virginia Chiropractic Association) and other prominent state and local public health agencies.
Basics First Chiropractic has developed an integrated plan to safeguard your health while you visit our office.
· In addition to our regular nightly office cleaning, every hour we are cleaning all points of contact and surfaces, including doorknobs, chair arm rests, light switches, computers, faucets, etc.
· Each night our entire office is being disinfected using ozone treatment protocols, particularly on hard surfaces. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312702/
· Soft surfaces are being cleaned daily with high temperature steam treatments.
· Multiple numbers of CDC-approved hand sanitizers have been placed through out the office for all to use.
· Dr. Paul will begin offering 15 to 30-minute Video Calls from Thursday, March 19, 2020. These calls are a great way to go over exercises and discuss at home solutions for decreasing neck, back and joint pain while staying in the comfort of your own home. You can also use this to do a Wellness Consult to review nutritional needs and best immune boosting practices. You’ll simply go to: https://zoom.us/j/8100316762 and follow the steps. Please call our office for more information and to schedule a complimentary 10 min intro with Dr. Paul to try it out!
Our massage therapists always use sterilized sheets and towels for each patient. All staff members continue to wash our hands before and after contact with each patient.
Everyone should cover mouths with the crook of their arm when coughing and sneezing. Additionally, keeping yourself healthy includes some commonsense practices of getting plenty of rest, eating a well-balanced diet, taking nutritional supplements, staying hydrated, regular daily exercise, and lowering stress.
Symptoms of the Coronavirus can seem confusing as they are like the flu and allergies.
COVID-19 FLU Allergies
Fever Fever Sneezing
Dry Cough Dry Cough Coughing
Fatigue Runny Nose Itchy Eyes
Shortness of Breath Headache Runny/Stuffy Nose
Muscle & Joint Pain
If you have traveled to a high risk area as determined by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html) or are experiencing symptoms related to the Coronavirus, please call our office prior to your visit. A doctor will call you back to discuss whether you should be treated. We feel hopeful in our team effort to get our community back to health! As always, it is our honor to treat you and your family.
Wishing you Good Health,
Dr. Paul and Dr. Toplansky
Chiropractic therapy for pain relief and good health.
Chiropractic care helps to get rid of daily pain, stiffness and achiness. You’ll enjoy greater mobility and a healthier spine. As you begin to see improvements, we welcome the chance to treat the rest of your family members.
“I look forward to helping you heal.” – Dr. Misty Paul, Your Leesburg Chiropractor
LASER THERAPY FOR PAIN
NEW! Laser therapy at Basics First! Get relief from the pain of musculoskeletal problems, arthritis, lateral epicondylitis (Tennis or Golfer’s elbow), plantar fasciitis (bottom of foot pain), sports injuries, and general pain. Laser Therapy is Non-invasive, Non-toxic and has a short treatment time of 5-8 minutes. Read more about it on our Laser Therapy page.
Natural Remedies for Better Sleep
Here’s a new video that will provide some help with getting better sleep!
Vote for Basics First Chiropractic in the Best of Loudoun 2020 Contest
Voting begins December 13, 2019. Start here to cast your votes. New this year is the ability to vote once per day.
For years, Loudoun County residents have looked forward to participating in the Best of Loudoun contest to support their favorite local businesses, organizations, people and attractions, in hundreds of categories. It’s the biggest contest of its kind in Loudoun County, with hundreds of thousands of votes cast annually.
Dr. Paul Voted Best of Loudoun 2015
Since 1995, Leesburg Today has asked readers to tell about the best people, businesses and places that make Loudoun County a special place to live and work. This year, almost 10,000 readers logged in online to cast more than 107,000 votes for their favorites.
See the entire list of winners here.